Broken Garage Door: Could It Be Your Sensors?
Douglasville Garage Doors
Are you having problems with your garage door? It could be dirty or misaligned sensors.
Garage door sensors are an important safety feature. They make sure the garage door will not crush an object (or person!) in the path of the door when it closes. One sensor sends a beam of light, and the other sensor detects it. If something is in the way of the door, it blocks the beam of light and the sensor prevents the garage door from closing.
If you are experiencing any of the following, it could be an issue with your sensors:
- Door will not open or close at all.
- Door closes part of the way, then reverses direction and opens again.
- Door closes part of the way and stops.
- Lights on your garage door opener flash and the door does not close.
Common causes of sensor problems include:
- Dirty lenses
- Misaligned sensors
- Wiring or power issues
You can perform some simple troubleshooting on your sensors yourself. If you suspect the sensors are the problem, try these tips:
- Carefully clean the sensor lenses with a soft cloth.
- Look for small LED lights on the sides of your sensors. Most units have green lights that illuminate steadily when the sensors are properly aligned. If the light is flashing, this usually means your sensors are out of alignment.
- If your sensor is out of alignment, try gently adjusting the sensor and moving it back to the correct location. (On most units, you’ll know you’re successful if the green light stops flashing and glows steadily.)
- Visually inspect the wiring for any loose connections. If you see disconnected or frayed wires, or the lights on your sensor don’t illuminate at all, call us for help.
Contact Metro Garage Doors
If your garage door is not working properly, contact us today. We can get your garage door up and running again quickly.
[Read More …]
Posted in Garage News